Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back in Business (After a Season of Evaluation/Redirection)

It's been a wild ride these last few months. Things didn't go according to plan -- as they tend not to do -- and a long period of inactivity/nothingness/hibernation was followed by massive changes as I refocused on my design career and things began clicking together. As difficult as the last 6 months have been, I value the time as a necessary season of reflection, evaluation and redirection for my career/life. I could not have learned what I did or gained the perspective that I did without going through what I did.

Having said all that, I'm thrilled to share that I have accepted the position of Marketing Coordinator for Northwood Realty Services in Wexford, PA. I began a few weeks ago and now that I'm settled in, it's proving to be a great place to apply all my design/marketing, project management and event experience.

Northwood is also very supportive of my professional development goals -- my AIGA membership is once again in active status -- and of my freelance design business, On The Vine. With the freedom from stress/anxiety that a steady full-time income provides, I plan to utilize On The Vine as a creative outlet and to specifically support the organizations/initiatives that I am passionate about with my design talents and experience on a per-project basis.

I'm having a few lunch meetings this week to line up projects for On The Vine and I look forward to posting details/progress as things solidify.

In short, I'm glad to be back... and back in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment